Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ishmael-QQC#1

QOUTE- "The stranger hadn't said "You're nam eis not Goliath. He had said "you are not Goliath." There was a world of difference

QUESTION- Why had the man said you are not Goliath rather than saying your name is not Goliath?

COMMENT- I think the reason the man had said he is not Goliath means he is not a beast. Or he is not a monster as Goliath refers to a monster. I also think that the question that was thrust upon him would create great confusion and maybe play a key role later in the book. I would have been in great confusion if i was told that i am not Christian. If a man randomly came up to me and told me Your not Christian and just merely walked away. I would be thinking night and day as did Ishmael.

1 comment:

  1. I think this comment is interesting. Saying you ARE something and saying that your NAME is something is totally different. I agree with Christian. Say you're in Ishmael's place. Saying that you ARE NOT goliath is totally different than saying someones NAME is Goliath. People often refer to Gorillas as big and giants. In this case, the man said that the Ishmael was not Goliath, referring to, he is not a monster.

    ReplyDelete